Dr. Myra Reed, MD
Dr. Myra Reed is a Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician with over 30 years of experience.
Dr. Myra Reed’s journey
into medicine began by watching her parents, who were both physicians, help countless patients improve their health through dedicated and devoted care. Inspired by the impact her parents had on their patients’ lives, Dr. Myra Reed studied medicine at LSU in New Orleans and completed her residency at the University of Texas. Since 1991, she has continued to help the communities of Panama City, 30A, the Florida panhandle, and surrounding areas achieve better health and wellness.
In 2001, Dr. Myra Reed established her own practice with a passion for improving healthcare so her patients can live healthier, better lives. Her goals were to develop strong doctor-patient relationships where she could prioritize the patient’s time and health and provide them with the individualized care they deserve. These ideas led her to transition to a concierge care model in 2015, where members of her practice could receive the thorough and personalized care that traditional practitioners often lack.
“I tell my children this all the time. You just need to find your passion. Of course, that’s what life’s about – finding your passion. Sometimes it just takes longer for other people. But I feel like I was blessed early on in life because I knew what my passion was, I said to myself , ‘This is what I want to do’.”
– Dr. Myra Reed
Dr. Myra Reed continuously Seeks out opportunities to learn more and improve her practice.
She believes her patients should receive nothing less than the best and most effective healthcare. That is why, in 2017, Dr. Myra Reed took her healthcare practice a step further by becoming certified in functional medicine. This transition expanded her practice to include more advanced testing and treatments that can help treat and uncover the underlying causes of chronic health issues. With this approach, she has provided patients, who have often felt overlooked or ignored by traditional care, with lasting solutions for a better, healthier lifestyle.
Dr. Myra Reed remains dedicated to guiding patients on their health journeys, fostering strong doctor-patient relationships built on closeness and trust. During this time together, she can gain a comprehensive understanding of her patient’s health while forming friendships and connections that go beyond the medical realm, making them part of her extended family. With this deeper understanding, she can work hand-in-hand with her patients to overcome their health concerns so they can live a happier and more fulfilling life. In addition to improving her patients’ lives on a one-to-one basis, Dr. Myra increases her impact by expanding her reach as a wellness speaker. She shares her passion for functional medicine by educating the local community at symposiums along the 30A and around the Panama City Beach area.
Dr. Myra Reed is dedicated to improving her patient’s well-being so they can live happier, healthier lives. Through the power of personalized care and functional medicine, she redefines what it means to embrace wellness and take charge of your health. She welcomes you to take your first step towards better health by becoming a member of her practice today.
Achievements and Credentials
- Undergraduate – Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Medical School – Louisiana State University (New Orleans, LA)
- Internship and Residency – University of Texas Medical Branch – Internal Medicine (Galveston, Texas)
Work and Employment
- University Community Hospital Emergency Department Tampa, FL 1990-1991
- Bay Medical Center Emergency Department Panama City, FL 1991-1993
- Seawind Medical Clinic Panama City, FL 1993-2001
- Personal Private Practice Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL 2001-Present
- “Best of Bay,” The News Herald. People’s Choice Award – Best Physician 1998, 2004, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2013
- “Bay’s A List,” Panama City Living Magazine – Reader’s Choice Award 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition – Patient’s Choice 2010
- Small Business Owner Award – Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce, 4th Quarter 2011
- “Top Doctors in the US” Concierge Medicine Today 2016